AttorneyKrupa Downs Law, PLLC
Christene (“Chris”) Krupa Downs started Krupa Downs Law, PLLC in early 2011. Prior to law school, she spent over fourteen years with Strategic Marketing Partners, an independent sales and marketing company that represents video game and software publishers and accessory manufacturers to North American resellers and distributors. Chris drew on her prior business and technology background when she started her law practice. Chris strives to apply her customer service experience to the practice of law.
Chris represents and counsels clients on matters such as will drafting, estate planning, trusts, powers of attorney, directive to physicians, probate, estate administration and guardianship.
Chris believes in serving the community. She is actively involved in the Plano and Collin County community. She has served on the Boards of Directors or has been an active volunteer for various organizations including City House, Live From Collin County, This Side Up! Family Center, and the North Texas Pioneers Rotary Club. She is currently an active member of the Junior League of Collin County. She also volunteers within the legal community serving on the Dallas Bar Association’s Pro Bono Activities Committee and Lawyer Referral Services Committee as well as serving on the Board of the Collin County Bar Association’s Estate Planning and Probate Section. In October 2016, she co-chaired the 4th Annual Builders of Justice Progressive Dinner benefiting Legal Aid of Northwest Texas’s McKinney office.
- State Bar of Texas
- The College of the State Bar of Texas
- Dallas Bar Association
- Lawyer Referral Committee (2012 – present): 2012 Chair of Modest Means Panel Subcommittee; 2013 & 2014 Committee Vice-Chair; 2015 Committee Chair
- Pro Bono Activities Committee (2014 – present): 2014 & 2015 Committee Co-Vice Chair; 2016 Committee Chair
- Collin County Bar Association
- Estate Planning and Probate Section
- Board of Estate Planning and Probate Section (2012 – present): 2014-2015 Section President
- Law Practice Management Section, 2014 Making Your Practice Work! Seminar Chair
- Wills & Estate Planning: Drafted Wills and other estate planning documents including Powers of Attorney, Directives to Physicians and Declarations of Guardian; Served as Court-appointed Attorney Ad Litem.
- Guardianship: Obtained temporary guardianship; converted temporary into permanent guardianship; represented client in contest to guardianship and advised on guardianship matters; Served as Court-appointed Attorney Ad Litem.
- Entity Formation: Handled formation of Texas entities including filing Certificate of Formation, overseeing organizational meeting and drafting by-laws.
- Business Law: Drafted contract for sale of event to local non-profit organization; Advised clients and drafted documents for sale/purchase of small businesses.
- Co-Author & Presenter, “Case Management Software – Solo Conflicts, Checks, and Record-Retention,” State Bar of Texas Annual Meeting, June 2014.
- Co-Presenter, “Law Practice Management in the 21st Century,” Collin County Bar Association’s “Making Your Practice Work!” Law Practice Management Seminar, January 2014.
- Co-Presenter, “What’s Up in Office Technology: How to Avoid Malpractice While Using It,” Collin County Bar Association’s “Making Your Practice Work” Law Practice Management Seminar, January 2013.
- Author & Presenter, “Practical Tips for Organizing the Tech-Savvy Law Office: A Practitioner’s Point of View,” Texas Advanced Paralegal Seminar, October 5, 2012.
- Author & Presenter, “Office Technology: Practical Tips for Organizing the Small, Tech-Savvy Law Office from a Solo Practitioner’s Point of View,” Collin County Bar Association’s “Making Your Practice Work” Law Practice Management Seminar, January 2012.
- Co-Author & Presenter, “Practical Tips for Organizing the Small, Tech-Savvy Law Office: A Practitioner’s Point of View,” Dallas Bar Association, Solo & Small Firm Section, October 2011.
- Texas Wesleyan University School of Law, Juris Doctorate May 2010
- Top 16% of class
- Phi Delta Phi Legal Fraternity
- Texas Wesleyan Public Law Fellowship Board; 2008 – 2009 Secretary/Treasurer; 2009 – 2010 President
- Dean’s List: Fall 2008, Spring 2009, Fall 2009, Spring 2010
- University of Texas at Dallas, B.A., Government and Politics, Dec. 1999
- Graduated Cum Laude
- Junior League of Collin County (Aug. 2011 – Present)
- 2016 – 2017 Executive Vice President-Elect
- 2015 – 2016 Treasurer
- 2014 – 2015 Treasurer-Elect & Director of Governance & Bylaws
- 2013 – 2014 Ways & Means Council, Grants & Awards Chair
- 2012 – 2013 Ways & Means Council Assistant II, Donor Management
- North Texas Pioneer Rotary Club (Feb. 2011 – Present)
- 2013 – 2014 Treasurer
- 2012 – 2013 Treasurer
- This Side Up Family Center Board of Directors (Jan. 2013 – April 2015)
- Star Children’s Charity
- Executive Summit Committee (May 2012)
- Logistics Coordinator “An Evening with Dennis Miller” ( November 2012)
- Live From Collin County Board of Directors (Sept. 2006 – May 2012)
- City House Board of Directors (Jan. 2001 – July 2007)
- Leadership Plano Class 22 (Sept. 2004 – May 2005)
Contact Krupa Downs Law, PLLC
If you are a Texas resident, contact us and a lawyer with the firm will get back to you as soon as possible.
Contacting us through this site does not create an attorney-client relationship. Please do not send any confidential information to us until such time as an attorney-client relationship has been established.